This chimney was cracked, loose and crumbling due to extensive saturation decay to the brick masonry cells. We took this chimney down 20 courses and rebuild using new brick, with a new crown with two new 8″x12″ flue tiles, and new black roof and masonry counter flashing with ice and water shield. As a fun addition, our master mason added a shark’s tooth design to the top of this chimney, that stands out and will look good for decades to come.
Have a fireplace or chimney concern? Give us a call
Need to talk to a mason about a project? Give us a call
Just feel like talking about bricks? Give us a call, 503-758-4710!
Portland Fireplace and Chimney Inc. is licensed, bonded and insured, and has a history of providing chimney sweeps, chimney inspections, and all other facets of masonry and chimney repair to customers for well over 25 years.
- Oregon State CCB # 202488
- Washington State WA # PORTLFI852C5
- Vice President of the Oregon Chimney Sweep Association (OCSA)
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified Chimney Sweep
- Member in good standing of the Chimney Sweep Guild
- Lead Certified