A proper chimney cap is one that shelters and protects the entire masonry crown footprint and all terminations, with a screen to keep our pests and debris. A masonry chimney is a clay porous structure that absorbs water and becomes saturated in the PNW climate. In this saturated state, masonry decay is accelerated. It is regular exterior building maintenance to apply a water sealant to any masonry structure every 10 years.
Portland Fireplace and Chimney Inc. is licensed, bonded and insured, and has a history of providing excellent service to customers for well over 25 years. Our family has been living in the northwest and servicing people with not only chimney needs but many other areas of construction such as roofing, foundation, and forensic leak determination. It is our passion, our livelihood and our love of the community around us that inspires the excellence in trade knowledge and customer service.
- Oregon State CCB # 202488
- Washington State WA # PORTLFI852C5
- Vice President of the Oregon Chimney Sweep Association (OCSA)
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified Chimney Sweep
- Member in good standing of the Chimney Sweep Guild
- Lead Certified