This beautiful 1922 Portland chimney had seen better days. This chimney was cracked, loose and crumbling due to extensive saturation decay to the brick masonry cells. During saturation, this chimney had gone through extensive expansion and contraction during freezing temperatures.Due to the extent of the damage, and nature of the cracking, in order to correctly fix this problem, this chimney needed to be entirely rebuilt and reinforced for future seismic events.
Here you see our chimney demolition process, with extreme care taken to protect windows, siding, landscaping, and roofing from any damage or debris during demolition.
Here the chimney is new, up to modern building code with seismic reinforcement but keeping that classic 1922 look.
We are Portland’s leading experts in historic masonry restoration.
CALL US FOR ALL YOUR CHIMNEY NEEDS
- Oregon State CCB # 202488
- Washington State WA # PORTLFI852C5
- President of the Oregon Chimney Sweep Association (OCSA)
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified Chimney Sweep
- Member in good standing of the Chimney Sweep Guild
- EPA Lead Certified